Want more writerly content? Make sure to follow maxkirin.tumblr.com for your daily dose of writer positivity, advice, and prompts!
|—||H.P. Lovecraft (via justinpoole)|
Some of the new and/or (at the time :P) under-read writers I tagged from the beginning of this month:
Others untagged too probably.
Happy reading :-)
|—||Mark Twain (via seabois)|
[Updated 02/12/14] Here is an amazing list of other Tumblr writing community pages/projects/tags that work hard to expose readers to great writing. Find new writers to read, discover talented people to interact with, find new readers to share your work with. Please contact us if you are affiliated with a TWC focused blog, and would like to be added to this list, (or if you need something updated). You can always find this list by checking the links bar on the Burning Muse page.
TWC Writer’s Databases
- TWC Writer Bios: Directory of Tumblr Writer bio pages.
- Breaking Down The Wall: Tumblr writer interviews.
- Tumblr Writer’s List: SO MANY WRITERS!
- Tumblr Writers Directory: Directory of Tumblr writing blogs. (Also reblogs and Blog reviews)
Reblog Blogs (special focus/features will be notated)
- TWC Welcome Center: Community. Answers questions.
- For The Voiceless: Lesser known TWC writers. Fresh Talent.
- Exhaling Catalysts
- Seduced By Ink: We reblog lesser known or newer writers who are struggling to find an audience.
- The Writer’s Bloc: Advice. Prompts.
- Tumblr Fiction: Fiction. Prompts. Interviews.
- The Stay Golden Poets: Feedback on Fridays.
- The Reject’s Corner
- For The Tagless: Takes submissions.
- The Adept Writer: Takes submissions.
- The Poetry Revolution: Prompts. Forms.
- Tumblr Writers Directory: Directory of Tumblr writing blogs.
- Alterlife Press: Leans towards Alt Lit.
- Poetry Sluts United: Sensual and erotic prose/poetry.
- Monday Muse: Contests.
- We Write We Speak: Discussion topics.
- You In Second Person
- For The Love Of Literature
- Beyond The Barricades: Socially aware writing. Revolutionary words.
- Home For Writers: Critiques. (May be inactive or on leave.)
- Stephen Kennedy: Takes requests for critiques.
- Critical Inking
- The Stay Golden Poets: Feedback on Fridays (not sure if they’re still doing feedback).
- Tumblr Writers Directory: Blog Reviews
- Home For Writers: (May be inactive or on leave.)
- Tag: #The Feedback Project: [Keep in mind, giving makes receiving more likely.]
- Tag: #Poetryintheraw: [Keep in mind, giving makes receiving more likely.]
TWC Groups and Projects, other than reblog blogs
- Liminal Words and Temporary Worlds: Suffering from Tumblr burnout? Thinking about deactivating? Try here first!
- Leave You A Pen: Accepts poetry submissions, but please check his submission guidelines. Submissions are not always open.
Stories And Struggles: Our blog is dedicated to the human condition, we accept all forms of original writing/art/music and the purpose of our page is to connect people through similar interests and experiences.
- Polkadodge Oragnization
- Fuck Yeah Slam Poems!: Slam Poetry. Spoken Word.
- The New Library: “The New Library is a collection of works that attempt to explore the art of writing, youth, the human condition, and the absurdity of existence with an earnest voice; with our tongues removed from our cheeks.”
- Writers Confessions: Your Writer Confessions.
- Fiveminutestory: Five minuets to tell a story. Challenge yourself!
- #twcp: If you have a project that you would like to share with the community, please include this tag. (Note: This is for project descriptions. Not personal writing.)
- #twcplagiarism: If someone re-posts your work without credit (please give the person a few days to fix their “mistake” before posting a link to their blog).
- #twctips: If you have a platform/formatting tip that might be helpful to the community, please include this tag. (Note: this is not meant for opinion pieces.)
- #twccsurvivetumblr: If you would like to write a post with tips on how new writers can “Survive Tumblr” please title it: How to Survive the Tumblr Writing Community. It can be positive, negative, or neutral… and include this tag. Please see the posts already up as examples.
- #Tumblr Birthday: If you want to share that it’s your blog’s birthday.
- #Spilled Ink: LEGACY: No longer “active”, but still monitored by most reblog blogs.
- #SpilledinkProse: LEGACY: No longer “active”, but still monitored by most reblog blogs.
- #Writing About Writing: Writing about… writing.
- #Writing About Tumblr: Writing about… Tumblr.
- #TWCcollab [For collaboration pieces]
Tumblr Book Collections
- TWC Bookshelf: Books written by writers in the TWC. We welcome you to submit your books.
- Books by Writers on Tumblr owned by NoelleLit Mag/Book Associated Blogs [current or future]:
- Yeahwriters: Prompts. Lit Mags list. Critiques.
- Velvetblory: Publication. Accepts submission. Quarterly book.
- The London Mag: Prompts and inspirations. Associated with The London Magazine [Not Verified].
- A Literation: Lit Mag run by Tumblr writers, publishing Tumblr writers.
- YARN: The Young Adult Review Network
- Noisemaker Magazine
- Literari Magazine: Tumblr blog for literatimag.com
- Episodic Literary Magazine
- The Altar Collective: The Altar Collective is a literary collective publishing a monthly book of flash fiction and poetry from contributors internationally; it main objective is to act as a stepping stone for young and aspiring writers.
Tumblr Platform Tips
|—||Ray Bradbury (via wishbonesandwanderlust)|
|—||Fyodor Dostoevsky (via k4nt)|
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
~ H.P. Lovecraft
Municipal Library, Lima, Peru
Candida Hofer - Libraries (published 2005)
|—||Nelson Mandela (via justinpoole)|